Days Light

find the peace that surpasses all understanding

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago area, United States

member of the first assembly in heaven, a witness on earth of things to come.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

The same old Liar that Rules

But then I was reading in my Bible and I noticed that the first thing Jesus does, when he returns to set up his kingdom, is destroy all the troops of the nations. And I asked myself, what is this slogan "support our troops"?

From the beginning of time Satan has demanded that men worship him. He uses that fruit he gave to Eve and we follow the serpent, worship the serpent, and we still can't see how.

It is the fruit of good and evil, right and wrong, the best way to act, the social norm, the pattern to follow, be it religion or government, education or profession, charity or entrepreneurship, war or peace, honor or dishonor, we all know instinctively what is expected of us in any given situation. When Nebuchadnezzar brings out a 90 foot golden idol and they play the music; you bow down. And when peer pressure and social pressure and institutional norms are breathing down your neck you bow down. No one dares says "I don't support the troops".

except then... Why doesn't God support the troops?

**********************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home